Have you been charged in Akron Ohio for a crime? If so, it should be obvious that you need an Akron criminal defense attorney.
Finding a professional legal expert in Akron who has the knowledge and experience to prepare a defense around your charges can be overwhelming.
Searching the internet is sometimes not enough to find a good criminal defense lawyer. You need to know how to find the best attorney, not where to find them.
Where To Begin In Doing Your Research For an Akron Criminal Defense Attorney?
Doing research is important. Review their website for customer testimonials. Browse through the rest of their site and read it. This will tell you a little something about them. Take a look at their Google Plus page for reviews. A Google review is not something that can be altered by the attorney, so what you are reading is what is real.
Always have a list of questions before meeting with your attorney. Make sure that their personality suits yours. In other words, we all have different traits that we look for in a friend, co-worker, or companion. Hiring an attorney is no different. In fact, when your freedom is on the line, it is extremely important to make sure that you hire a lawyer who listens and understands you.
Are They Familiar With Charges Similar To Yours?
Many times you can find out what types of cases they have handled by reviewing their site in detail. Make sure that their focus revolves around the type(s) of crime(s) you have been charged with. If you were arrested for drug possession, you would most likely not hire a divorce attorney.
Your initial research will eliminate those attorneys who do not fit your requirements. You may be left with only few to make your decision on who the best Akron criminal defense attorney is to handle your case.
Use the tips below to eliminate further until you are left with the one attorney that you feel will do the best to defend you:
- Do they have reviews and testimonials?
- Have they successfully defended other people in Akron with the same or similar charges?
- How many years have they been practicing criminal law?
- Do they offer a free consultation? If so, this is your opportunity to interview them.
- Search for their name in the search engines. This is a great way to find negative information on anyone, not just an attorney.
- If an attorney cannot meet with you immediately, this is a good sign! Do not eliminate someone just because they require a few days notice. This means that they are busy with other cases, and is a good sign that they are a reputable attorney. Their schedule says nothing about their competency to defend your case.
- Another tip: check out their Twitter Page.
Once you have successfully completed the initial process of hiring an Akron criminal defense attorney, ask for a copy of his or her retainer agreement. You may also request the attorney to give you a thorough explanation of the agreement. This should be done before conducting the final procedure of hiring the attorney or his or her law firm. Hiring a competent criminal defense lawyer in Akron might be a bit expensive, so make sure you have sufficient knowledge about what you’re signing up for.